Web Redesign or Web Development?
Web design is a process of conceptualizing, planning, and building a collection of electronic files that determine the layout, colors, text styles, structure, graphics, images, and use of interactive features that deliver pages to your site visitors. Web designers are architects of the web. They focus on the look and feel of the website; and so, they should be visual arts experts, who are skilled in color scheming, graphic design and information flow. Designers are typically more in tune with their right brain hemisphere, utilizing their creativity, intuition and imagination, to design amazing user experiences.
Web development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a web site for the Internet (World Wide Web) or an intranet (a private network). A web developer creates the inner workings of a website and competent in programming languages (PHP, .NET, Python, C, Ruby). They are responsible for developing the user interface. Technical hands-on coding experience is required (either your own products or github).
Webclick is both web redesign and web development agency in Nigeria. If you are not sure if you need a website redesign or web development, read the next information below.
Do you Need a Web Designer or Web Developer?
When it comes to building new websites or updating existing sites, most people don’t know the types of professionals they should hire to get the job done right. You don’t need to run the risk of hiring the wrong person; you just need to know how to compare your Web needs with the services that professionals can offer. Generally, Web professionals fall into one of three categories: back-end developers, front-end developers, and Web designers.
Back-end developers are essentially computer programmers who focus on creating Web applications. They can create content management systems, security features, and data management tools. Having a good back-end developer gives website owners the security and flexibility they need to keep their sites running, gather information about users, and give users access to specific profiles.
Front-end developers are more experienced with creating tools that will enhance the user’s experience. If you have a design concept that needs to function on multiple browsers and computers, then you want to hire a front-end developer. Consistency is key here, and the site design should be scalable enough to address all types of users. This means that no matter if the user is on a desktop or is accessing the site remotely via a tablet with a mobile or satellite Internet connection, the general experience should remain the same.
Web designers don’t usually have as much experience with computer programming. They might know the basics of HTML, CSS, and other common tools, but they aren’t the people you want to rely on when you need someone to build a website. They are, however, the people you need to create professional graphics that will appeal to your site’s visitors. Web designers might also create an overall concept that tells the developers where to build navigational features.
A team approach: More often than not, companies need to hire Web teams that can work together to create sites. A reliable Web team will have at least one developer and designer. The best ones often have multiple developers and designers who can work together to make a website that matches the client’s unique concerns.
Now, if you’re still stuck for selecting the right professional, you’re in the right place…
Why Would I Need a Website Redesign for My Business?
A website redesign can be a big project, and you might be putting it off due to the money and time it will take. A redesign can be a wise investment, though – after all, your website is your primary online marketing tool. Here are some good reasons why you might want to take the plunge and give your business website a makeover.
- To make it mobile-friendly & responsive: Mobile web usage is growing by leaps and bounds, so you need to make sure your website can be viewed on a wide variety of devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. By incorporating responsive design into your new website, you’ll be assured of reaching a larger audience than you would with a website that’s not mobile-friendly.
- To incorporate social media: If your website doesn’t feature social media in some way, you are way behind the times (and probably behind your competitors, as well). Including links to your social network profiles is the bare minimum you should include – even better is adding social sharing tools that make it easy for users to share, tweet, or pin your content. Redesigning your website can help make it easier for users to connect with you socially and spread the word about your business via their social networks.
- To add new functionality: If you want to add a blog, forums, e-commerce, or other major features or tools to your website, a redesign is probably in order. That way you can ensure that everything flows seamlessly throughout the website, and it won’t look like the new feature was just tacked on as an afterthought.
- To improve usability: If your site visitors can’t find what they’re looking for, they’ll leave ASAP (and they probably won’t come back for a long time). If that’s the case, you’ll definitely want a new website design that’s user-friendly and keeps your customers and prospects happy.
- To incorporate rebranding: If your business has undergone rebranding, you’ll most certainly need to redesign your website (along with your other marketing materials). And rebranding isn’t always just about a new logo and colors – it often will require an update to the content of your website, as well, so don’t forget that aspect of your website makeover.
- To keep it up-to-date: The web world is always changing, and web technology that was cool and cutting-edge a few years ago may be out-of-date today (Flash, anyone?). With a website redesign you can take advantage of the latest technology that web-savvy users expect.
- Websites help establish more customers: According to the Small Business Administration, 50% of Internet sales are from new customers. Having a website significantly improves your customer reach no matter what services or products you offer.
- To shake things up: It happens to everyone – sometimes we just need a change. If you think your website is starting to look a little tired, chances are your site visitors think so, too. A fresh design may be just what you need to stir up a little excitement about your website.
- You want to incorporate a better content strategy: Having fantastic content on your site can improve everything from customer retention to SEO — and with continuing changes to the algorithms of search engines, you’d be smart to implement a solid content plan. That said, quality content is useless if your visitors can’t readily find it. So, if you’re planning to make some big changes to your content strategy (perhaps boosting your blog production?), a web redesign may be wise.
- Your competitors changed their site: Obviously, you don’t need to give your site an overhaul every time one of your competitors changes theirs. Having said that, if they make changes that improve their rankings substantially and end up pushing you down in searches, it’s likely time to make some alterations to your site. If you spend some time on a competitor’s site and realize it could meet your goals far better than your own site does, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and get busy. Maintaining an edge in search shouldn’t be your only goal, but if you’re not near the top of SERPs because competing business is keeping you from there, analyze what SEO adjustments you can make to your site.
A website redesign can be a daunting task, but partnering with a good web design firm can make the process a lot easier (and even fun!). Remember, a well-designed website is one of the most effective marketing tools you’ve got – make the most of it by keeping it fresh, up-to-date, and easy to use.
Webclick Website Redesign Process
The website redesign process is not unlike other communication processes. If you are familiar with developing a creative brief, a public relations plan, a communication plan or a new product, the phases will look very familiar. The phases of the Webclick Web redesign process include the following eight steps.
- Project Definition
- Project Scope
- Wireframes and Site Architecture
- Visual Design
- Site Development
- Site Testing
- Site Maintenance
To read more about our web design process visit Webclick’s web design process
What Webclick Website Redesign Services Include
Webclick website redesigns focuses on conversions. We carefully place content in strategic locations to get the most action, we play up important elements to get the most attention, and we combine it with a user-focused layout that encourages conversions. Our website redesign cost includes the work we do behind the scenes to ensure your content is presented in the most effective way possible.
Our website redesign cost is based on the expert analysis that goes into each component of the design, from the color to the layout. Our web design cost includes all the measures we take to ensure your website is successful. All our web design project are responsive and it includes one year free hosting and domain. Please refer to the table above for more features.
And our web design cost comes with a money-back guarantee. We’re confident you’ll love your web design. And if for some reason you don’t, you get a full-refund.
No “shortcut” with Website Redesign service?
It is merely a waste of time to cut corners in website designing. Webclick doesn’t take shortcuts. The website design planning is done strategically with thorough and neutral discussions with the clients, before starting the web development project. We help and advice our clients to make strategic decisions in what their business / company needs today and which steps are necessary to take for future stability and growth. Webclick proudly offers website design and Ecommerce web solutions that drive results and are reasonably prices both!
All Webclick web design are done in-house—with our own eyes and our own brains powering them. Additionally, each web design project is personally attended to by our executive staff.
How Do I Start With a Website Redesign service?
Simply call 07066999466 or request a free quote to start your website redesign project. Our team will work with you to determine which of our web design package is best for your website, then schedule the process when it’s right for you.
Don’t worry if you can’t adjust with any of the mentioned packages. Webclick is brilliant at creating customized packages for you, according to your requirements and your budget. And guess what? We don’t charge to consult you; you get a 100 % free consultancy with Webclick!
You may as well read some frequently asked questions on our support page.